What is a Privacy Notice?
Under data protection law you, as a patient of Camden Chiropractic Clinic, have specific rights. To communicate these rights to you in a clear and concise manner, we are providing you with this privacy notice.
Who We Are
We are SYMA Therapies Limited, 44A London Road, Guildford, GU1 2AF, (Tel: 01483 808 868 email: firstname.lastname@example.org) trading as Camden Chiropractic Clinic, Soho Gyms, 193-199 Camden High Street, NW1 7BT, telephone number 07592 399 551, email address email@example.com. For the purposes of processing your personal data we are the Controller.
How we use your personal information
This notice tells you why Camden Chiropractic collects information about you and/or your child and how this information may be used.
The health care professionals, who provide your care, maintain records about your health and any treatment or care you have received here or previously. These records help provide you with the best possible health care. Our records are electronic and we use a combination of working practices and technology to ensure your information is kept confidential and secure. Records which this clinic holds about you may include the following information:
- Details about you, such as your address, contact details, previous medical history and previous investigations
- Any contact with the clinic has had with you, such as appointments, clinic visits, advice given over the phone or email, emergency appointments etc.
- Notes about your and/or your child’s health
- Details about your and/or your child’s treatment and care
- Relevant information from other health care professionals
Information may be used within the clinic for clinical audit purposes to monitor the quality of the services we provide. All of your information is held securely on our premises and may be used for statistical purposes. Where we do this, we take strict measures to ensure that individual patients cannot be identified.
How do we maintain the confidentiality of your records
- We are committed to protecting your privacy and will only use information collected lawfully in accordance with:
- General Data Protection Rules 2018
- Human Rights Act 1998
- Common Law Duty of Confidentiality
- General Chiropractic Council Code of Conduct
Every member of staff who works at Camden Chiropractic has a legal obligation to keep information about you confidential
Who do we share your information with?
- We only ever pass on information about you to others, if there is a genuine need for it and you have given your consent. This may be your GP, dentist or other health care professionals, a solicitor or for court proceedings.
- We will not disclose any information about you to any third party without your written permission or in case of a child’s information the parental consent, unless there are exceptional circumstances (i.e. life or death situations), where the law requires information to be passed on and/or in accordance with the Caldicott principles.
Retaining Your Personal Data
We will retain your data for a period of 8 years after your last treatment as this is a requirement of a registered Chiropractor in the UK
As we process your personal data, you have certain rights. These are a right of access, a right of rectification, a right of erasure and a right to restrict processing.
- You may request a copy of your data at any time. Please make such a request in writing or by email to the clinic, whose details are shown above. Please provide the following information: your name, address, telephone number, email address and details of the information you require.
- If you believe any of the personal data we hold on you is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us directly and any necessary corrections to your data will be made without undue delay.
- If you believe we should erase your data, please contact the clinic, whose details are shown above.
- If you wish us to stop storing or using your data, please contact the clinic, whose details are shown above.
- Where you have provided explicit consent for us to use your data you have a right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Should your personal data that we control be lost, stolen or otherwise breached, where this constitutes a high risk to your rights and freedoms, we will contact you without delay. We will give you the contact details of the Data Protection Officer who is dealing with the breach, explain to you the nature of the breach and the steps we are taking to deal with it.
Should You Wish to Complain
Should you have any concerns about how your information is managed at the clinic, please contact the Clinic Owner Alex Symington. If you are still unhappy following this, you can then complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website (ico.gov.uk)
Or you can contact the Scottish Chiropractic Association if you have concerns about or wish to make a complaint about the way we are processing your data. firstname.lastname@example.org
How We Obtained Your Data
Your personal data has been collected directly from you, via our website contact form, new patient registration form, details given over the phone and health information given to the chiropractor.